Here is the final block in our Mystery Block Quilting Contest. If you are just getting started, there are still a few weeks before the deadline so check out the last few posts and get started! We are super excited to see what all of you are making so don’t be shy about sharing on Facebook and Twitter.
Welcome Back. We hope you are having fun with the mystery quilt project. We can’t wait to see what you are up to so please share photos and comments with us on Facebook and Twitter. If you are just joining us, there are still a few weeks left so check out our last few posts for all the details. Here is Mystery Block 3.
Spring Quilting Contest: Week Two.
For those of you that have already started, click on the image below to download the second block for our Spring Mystery Block Quilting Contest. If you are just joining us and want to get in on the fun, there is still plenty of time. Check out our last post for all the details and don’t forget to share your progress with us on Facebook or Twitter
Spring is on it’s way! Celebrate the change of season with our Mystery Block Quilting Contest. Throughout the month of April, Brooklyn General Store will post a new “Mystery” quilt block to the blog each week. Your challenge will be to incorporate all four blocks into a beautiful quilt that reflects the season. The quilter with the most fun and creative interpretation will win a Brooklyn General Store gift certificate that can be used to stock up on sewing supplies and the winning quilt will be displayed in the shop window for all to admire.
A note about patterns:
Patterns use are formatted to “paper piecing” assembly. This means that they do not include seam allowances. Contestants are not required to use paper piecing techniques but should be sure to add a consistent seam allowance to the pieces before cutting for accuracy in assembly.
Rules and Requirements for Consideration:
- Contestants must incorporate all four patterns posted into the final quilt design. In other words, each pattern square must be used at least once in your submitted designs.
- Quilts entered must have a finished measurement of at least 36” on any side. The smallest quilts considered for this contest is 36” x 36”.
- At least one fabric purchased at Brooklyn General Store between January 1- April 30, 2013 must be used in quilts to be considered in this competition.
- Submissions will be accepted by email only. Contestants should email submissions to info[at]brooklyngeneral.com. All entries must be received no later than 11:59pm (est) on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 and must include 3-5 images of the final quilt submission. Please format images at 72 dpi and no more than 800×1000 pixels.
- Applications must be submitted by email and include contestant’s contact information in the body of the email: NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE and EMAIL address of contestant as well as a listing of attached photo images (e.g., 1. front view, 2. back view, 3. detail).
- The winner will be selected and announced on the Brooklyn General Store website May 6th, 2013. Good luck!
- Here is the first block: